Equipment Servicing & Repair
Taking care of your equipment is important in any activity. Taking care of your diving gear is especially important because it is your life support equipment.
The Southern Tasmanian Divers – Workshop
Visit or Contact Us
Southern Tasmanian Divers technicians are qualified to service most major recreational brands and many commercial ones. THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH OUR COMPETITORS. We and fully equipped to provide you with:
- Quality service and guaranteed workmanship As a leader in the field of diving equipment servicing, Southern Tasmanian Divers has developed a quality management system for our servicing and has been certified to ISO 9001 standard. We feel this reflects our commitment to the quality and professionalism of our work.
- Manufacturer’s recommended parts We use manufacturer’s recommended parts and service kits wherever possible. This ensures that we are protected and that you, the customer are also protected. While this may not make us the cheapest scuba diving servicing technicians around it does provide you with peace of mind.
- A three month guarantee All our servicing is guaranteed for three months from the date of service. If it goes wrong within that time through normal diving activities, bring it back to us and we will service it again free of charge.
We believe in continual improvement, and value your comments. If you would like to make a comment or suggestion, please enter your message in the form below.
What we Service and Repair
Don’t forget to have your regulators serviced this year. Your regulator is the control centre of your diving gear. Having your first stage, second stage and octopus units serviced once a year means that you can always count on the regulator being ready to go and working properly.
SCUBA cylinder testing
Australian regulations require that your cylinder(s) be visually inspected and pressure tested at a certified testing station once per year. Southern Tasmanian Divers is an Australian Standards accredited cylinder test station (#GC217) for the Inspection and Testing of Gas Cylinders or Vessels as defined in Australian Standard 2337. This covers all scuba diving cylinders, pony bottles, etc.
Which brands of equipment can we service?
- Sport Diving Equipment We are authorised to service and repair most major brands of commercially available SCUBA equipment. Please contact us with any queries you may have about your equipment.
- Commercial Equipment We also service and repair all types of commercial diving equipment.
Please note: Due to limited storage space in our service department, once work has been completed, we cannot hold customers’ equipment for longer than 3 months. We will contact you when gear is ready to be collected. If it is left for longer than three months after this time, it will be moved into long-term storage off premises. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.